Thursday, January 20, 2011

In the Presence of Glory by Kimberly Moore| Lulu Poetry

In the Presence of Glory by Kimberly Moore| Lulu Poetry


In the Presence of Glory

by Kimberly Moore

As I slowly walk on the dusty brown paséo, the aging wood screeches to every anticipating step. While searching for an intriguing creature to captivate my attention, I come to an abrupt halt and ponder the purpose of my journey.

A red shoulder hawk sits on its perch conjuring a motive, motionless and gazing upon the wetland. A tree gently sways from left to right in the wind, and the sun begins to dance with the leaf’s shadow on the earth underneath my feet. There are distant harmonic echoes of avian conversations in the distance.

A breeze crawls over my face with the allusiveness of serenity. With absolute gratitude of its divine power, I lose all feelings of existence as the warmth of the sun holds me in its arms as my mother would hold me when I was a child, protecting me from life’s mysteries, which I have come to discover.

My head tilts to stare up to the heavens. The dreadful fiery glare pressures me to look away and step into a world filled with turmoil and chaos. External entities in devil’s flesh attempt to stir me away from my Father’s covenant. He cast them into an abandoned dessert and protects me from incorporeal harm.


Copyright © Kimberly Isom 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment